Sweet fun treat for spring
1 cup + 6 tbsp water divided
2 packages of unflavored gelatin each individual packet is .25 oz
3 tbsp granulated white sugar or less, to taste
1 tbsp premium matcha powder (see note)
3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1. Dissolve matcha powder in 2Tbs of hot water (not boiling). Whisk until smooth with no powder lumps.
2. In a small saucepan, add 1c of water, matcha mixture and sugar. Bring mixture to a low boil and whisk for 20-30 seconds, turn heat to lowest setting.
3.in a small bowl, slowly pour ¼ cup of boiling water over the gelatin powder. Whisk until dissolved.
4. Add gelatin mix to saucepan while whisking to avoid lumps. Once it is completely mixed turn off the heat.
5. Strain mix into small cups or molds. Refrigerate until cool and set.
6. Pour a layer (about 3Tbsp) of condensed milk into each cup before serving